Providing tax and business advice on a long term basis

FAQ & Other

Refunds & Various Questions

I didn't get my refund, what now?

You can check status of your IRS refund by going to

Have a copy of your tax return on hand,
the IRS website will ask for some specific information to verify you are the taxpayer.

For Oregon you can go to
or call The Oregon Department of Revenue at (503) 378-4988.

To be or not to be an LLC: An LLC is a legal entity registered with a state's Corporation Division. One of the biggest misunderstandings clients have about LLCs is after they form an LLC, they want to know how filing their taxes changes. There is no LLC tax return. Forming a legal entity such as an LLC doesn't determine how your business will be taxed (although there are defaults). Depending on the number and type of owners, an LLC could be taxed on Schedule C: Sole Proprietor, Form 1065: Partnership, Form 1120: Corporation, or Form 1120S: S-Corporation. An unincorporated single owner business would file Schedule C: Sole Proprietor. If they formed an LLC, their tax structure would not change in this respect. They would still file a Schedule C within their 1040 personal return, and the IRS considers this a disregarded entity for tax purposes. Taxpayers should discuss with a tax professional if they should accept the IRS default tax form or choose one of the other tax forms available for LLCs.

Think your prior year taxes were prepared incorrectly, are missing deductions, or just want a second opinion? Bring in your prior years' tax return, and we will review it. If we find errors or deductions you were entitled to, but not claimed, we can amend your tax return. You can file an amended return up to 3 years from the due date of the return.