Our accounting firm is here to help you and your business achieve your dreams, covering any accounting or tax planning needs you may have. Our accountants stay current with continuous certifications and seminars to ensure we are up-to-date on all the newest information, laws, regulations and techniques in our field.
Accounting, QuickBooks, & Other Software
Kershaw & Associates, Inc. uses the Intuit family of software packages: QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Online. We can process your data for you or train you to do it yourself.
Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors on staff are available to help you meet your accounting and QuickBooks needs.
We can help you answer questions such as:
- What accounts should I be using?
- How (and why) do I reconcile my bank account(s)?
- What are financial statements and how do they help me?
- What is the difference between Profit & Loss vs. Cash Flow?
- What are debits and credits?
- What is accrual accounting?
- How can I make my accounting or QuickBooks "tax return ready?"
Some of the features QuickBooks can provide:
- Reconcile bank statements, credit cards, loan, etc. Either manually checking items that have cleared or sign up for online banking. Online banking will check off all cleared transactions, and it will even add cleared items you forgot to put into your register(s).
- We can help you set up your bills to pay in QuickBooks. Enter the bills once and code them to proper accounting categories. Then use online bill pay or print them on predesigned checks for reviewing, signing, and mailing.
- Accounts Receivable: Manage who owes you money and send out invoices and/or statements via US Mail or email.
- Inventory control, job costing, payroll, fixed asset management, or create estimates to later convert to work orders.
- Create budgets and graphs.
- Accountant's Copy: Forward a QuickBooks file to your accountant that allows you to keep working while your accountant is posting year end entries and corrections for tax preparation.
- Export reports to Excel or Word for further customizing.